Work can be a very stressful place. That is why it is important to now how to manage the stress that can come from the challenges of your job. The good news is that your company may offer workplace stress management training to teach employees how to deal with stress on the job. More and more companies are beginning to offer this resource to their employees, so check with your employer to see if it is an option for you.
Remember, working under stress for a prolonged period can cause permanent damage to your health. Studies show that cancer and many other chronic diseases are closely related to stress, so it is something you need to take precautions for. Before looking for solutions, you need to understand the causes of your stress. The points mentioned below are just some common problems and you might have some other sources of stress that aren’t listed here.
The best way to discover your sources of stress is to talk to people who can guide you to go through a good reflection of your work and private life. They can be your friends, co-workers or your family members. This way, other people can serve as your mirrors and enable you to take a better look at yourself. So, don’t keep silent when you are feeling stressed out.
There are many things that can cause on the job stress, this includes:
- Job-related factors – This can be anything such as working long hours for a low wage, causing you to not get enough satisfaction from your job or too may responsibilities, which is often caused by frequent demands from your supervisor.
- Poor relationships – This can be with supervisors, co-workers, or both. It may be because you feel that your co-workers are not pulling their own weight or because your supervisor is uncommunicative. It can also be caused by harassment from co-workers or a highly competitive spirit within the workplace. This is an area where workplace stress management training can really help.
- Negative future outlook – This can include not having the chance to work your way up within the company, no matter how good of a job you do, or dealing with constant layoff periods and never knowing if you will be one of the unlucky ones. If you don’t feel that your job is secure, that can cause a lot of stress.
- Workplace environment – This can include things such as a lot of heavy lifting weight, sharing workspace with others, or having a cramped workspace for yourself. If you don’t have the room to do your job or feel smothered by others, that can also cause a lot of stress.
- Frequent change – This can include the company frequently changing hands, frequent “shake ups” within the company, or constantly dealing with new co-workers.
- Workplace rules and policies – This can include factors such as having too many supervisors who all ask you to do different things, making it difficult to know what you are supposed to do, or the inability to juggle family and work responsibilities, such as not being able to pick your child up from daycare because you have to work unexpected overtime.
- Workplace stress management training can help you deal with all of these stressful issues and any others that may arise. If you have the resources to deal with stress in the workplace, it will be easier to let it roll off of your shoulders and not let it get the best of you. This will improve your performance at work and enable to you to keep work related stress from transferring over to your home life.
Like this Article?
Vote for us on Google
Copyright (c) - All Rights Reserved